In an effort to develop and retain a workforce of healthy, productive individuals, Washington University offers a variety of programs to help faculty and staff strike an effective balance between the demands of work and the commitments and concerns of life beyond their jobs. Check out all of the resources we offer to help you achieve your goals.
Fellows receive 20 days of paid vacation per year, as well as time and funding to attend and present at scientific meetings. Second year fellows have the opportunity to apply for additional funds for research support through the division’s Santiago Fellowship Award. Washington University benefits for clinical fellows can be found at the Human Resources Website.
Family care assistance
- Back-Up Care, Child care, and Nursery School
- Lactation Rooms
- WUMCHA, a social support group for residents/fellows and their partners
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual holiday party for the entire division
- Annual division picnic for fellows, faculty, staff and their families
- Monthly journal clubs held at a neighborhood pub
- Recruitment happy hours for current fellows to mingle with residents interested in pursuing a fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology
Additional resources available for all residents and clinical fellows can be found at the GME website.